Since 2011, our School Law and Policy Symposium has been a collaborative event, featuring some of NC’s top education attorneys and subject matter experts who have delivered pertinent and timely content outlining legal and policy information that affects every school district throughout our state!
2021 School Law & Policy Symposium
A new school year brings new legal and policy concerns, and who can best help you navigate those challenges than the attorneys and state leaders who daily help administrators and school boards in districts across North Carolina? NCASA’s Advocacy Team and a stellar slate of LEA attorneys and other subject matter experts provided timely information to help school districts statewide to comply with the latest laws and policies mandated to be implemented in 2021-2022 and beyond.Some of the topics that were covered at this year’s symposium were:
- Comprehensive summary of education laws passed in the 2021 session of the General Assembly,
- In-depth review of the enacted state budget for 2021-22,
- Guidance on laws and policies affecting Exceptional Children,
- Updates on the ongoing Leandro Case and other pertinent education case laws,
- Navigating free speech issues in schools,
- Personnel requirements and limits amidst the ongoing pandemic, and
- MUCH MORE still to be determined!
AGENDA AVAILABLE UNDER EVENT RESOURCES!
Please email Karen Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish if you have questions.